The Hand & Crown - High Wych Road
Some employees of The British Diamalt Company 1913 (Part of H.A.&D.
Taylors Malting Company) Photograph kindly
supplied by Graham Parish of Sawbridgeworth whose Grandfather H. W.
Lawrance is centre
The gentleman marked is Thomas James
Felstead (originally from Hatfield Broad Oak born 1882)
The premises were on the left of
London Road, about 75
Metres going north from Bell Street - see photo this page
Photograph kindly supplied by Graham Parish.
Photo courtesy of Mrs Edna Richardson...
who's Grandmother [Martha] is on the left born in 1871 in
the The Gate Public House in London Road with parents
Ann Bird and
Henry Bird the then licensee.
Photo from Sawbridgeworth Local History Society..
William Morris was the Clerk to the then
Parish Council and Secretary of the Sawbridgeworth Fire
Brigade from inauguration and into the Early 1900's.